Monday, March 30, 2009

Crockpot Tuesday


Creamer Cooker Dinner


2 cups shredded cheese
2 cups macaroni, uncooked
3 cups milk
2 cans cream of something soup
2 chicken breasts, cubed

Place all ingredients in slow cooker and stir so it's all mixed up. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, or until macaroni is cooked, but not overdone.

The recipe actually calls for 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, but i only like mushrooms a little so i subbed one of the cans for cream of chicken. Plus i have tons of cream of chicken so that works for me. I really was not a fan of this recipe, but Jeff liked it. First off the timing totally sucked for me. I love recipes that are 8-10 hrs because I can set it in the morning and come home to it. For this one, i came home after work and set it and THEN went to pick up connor from school. Kinda an ordeal, though I could have certainly adjusted it to cook on low but well, i didn't think of that until now and I like to follow the recipe. Anyway, this was pretty soupy and I thought it would be more of a plate meal than a bowl meal. I kinda thought it was chunky too (and not in a good way), but jeff really liked it so he can have all the leftovers. If I were going to do this again, i'd maybe add more cheese and maybe some potatoes to sop up some of the liquid. it was kinda bland too, but an italian seasoning packet would surely help and go well with everything else.
Hey, they can't all be winners I guess!

No comments: