Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Yeah, I am officially a crapy blogger. I am sorry. Sometimes, well, life happens.

For those of you who I talk to on a regular basis-wait let me stop there and address my obvious allusion that there are more than two people reading this blog-ok, as I was saying…for those of you I talk to on a regular basis you know that connor’s been sick. Crazy sick. It started January 18th when he had his first overnight babysitting experience (J) and he came home the next morning with a serious cold. Turned out to be RSV, which to be brief, is this severe respiratory virus that is pretty dangerous to babies. Their airway gets totally clogged with mucus and they can go into respiratory distress-again, scary. So, it’s super duper contagious and he was out of school for a week. His teachers told us that they had a near HazMat team come in and disinfect his classroom so none of the other babies would get it. Gross. We had to give him breathing treatments every 4 hours-round the clock for about 10 days. It’s ridiculous contagious so I was home with him the entire time. So, we think it’s passed. He’s feeling better and goes back to school for one day. Then the next morning, he’s puking constantly. Nearly a dozen times in an hour-which is dangerous enough to dehydrate a little baby. So, Jeffrey takes him to the ER and I leave the office (after finally coming back) and practically fly to the hospital to meet them. Connor gets diagnosed with some gross (and of course contagious) stomach virus. And hooray for me, just sitting in the waiting room I got Rotavirus, which is honestly the worst illness I’ve ever had. I was literally quarantined to our room for 5 days, while Jeffrey took care of Connor in another room. It’s horrible to be so sick that you can’t even take care of your baby who is also sick. Ugh, so it was a crazy long three weeks in the end. I think we’re still struggling to get back to normal. Oh, and Connor lost two pounds, which is so much when you’re still a tiny little guy!! Here’s a pic of him and his breathing mask from the RSV.


Other than that, nothing really new going on. I will try, try, try to be better I promise…especially after the incredible over-exageration from Katy that I haven’t posted in 7 months. J

2 comments:

Ern said...

poor little baby. poor mommy. and poor jeffrey for being the sole caregiver. i'm glad you guys are doing better. more posts when you're better!

Katy said...

I love the health nut quote, that made me laugh. Connor looks so cute in that picture, even though he's clutching his breathing mask
:(