Friday, April 11, 2008

survey schmurvey

I like surveys. I love getting them and i love filling them out about myself, my friends, my family, etc. i think it's this unspeakable thing we all have about liking to talk about ourselves. when someone sends you one of these, you can fill it out and not feel totally self absorbed about completing it. Yeah, scapegoat!
How long have you and your husband been together? Well, we’ve been together for just about 9 years and just celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary last month :)

How long did you date? Well, we dated for about 3 years before we got engaged, then we got married a couple years later and the rest is history I guess!

Who eats more? Jeffrey, hands down. I can’t put away large amounts of food.

Who said, "I love you" first? Ok, so Jeffrey says that he said it when I was sleeping one day in the very beginning of our relationship. I don’t know about that, but we’ll stick with it.

Who pays the bills? Jeffrey likes math and numbers and really likes to actually write the checks, so he does that. Anything we do online, I tend to handle. Obviously, we both contribute to all bills—and have for nearly 7 years!!

Who cooks dinner? We both do. Wish we cooked more-so tough with working and a kid!

Who is more stubborn? I guess it would be me.

Who kissed who first? I think it was mutual, but he probably made the move. We were just talking about this at a party a couple months ago and Jeffrey totally got our first kiss story wrong. The real story was that his parents were out of town and he had a party (wow, young right?) and I was there. I had to go out to my car for something and he followed me and kissed me in the middle of the street. Aaawwww. Smooth move mr. barnes!

Who is more sensitive? Probably me, but he is too.

Who wears the pants? I’m going to say me, only because I’m super opinionated and jeff is indecisive—someone’s gotta make the decisions.

What was I doing 10 years ago? I was a junior at Dobson High-um, go mustangs I guess. I liked high school. Had a bunch of great girl friends who I am still close with and I’m a huge nerd and loved school! I’m sure I was dating someone at this time, but junior year is fuzzy on the details.

What snacks do I enjoy? I like crackers, cheese, fruit, veggies, granola.

What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire? Wow, well pay off our debt first. Jeff’s student loans, cc bills, etc. I know we’d buy a new house for sure. We’re bursting at the seams of the one we have now…it’s amazing how much stuff such a little person acquires! Also, I’d quit my job, but I think I’d finally start the event planning business that has just been a side thing for years. I’d do it from home so that I could be with connor. While I appreciate stay at home mom’s-I couldn’t do it. I want to show my son that I can do both.

Three bad habits?
-I’m judgmental-I hate it.
-I have extremely high expectations for myself and others. This typically ends with me feeling let down. I’m working on it.
-I bite my nails.

Five things people don't know about me? I don’t know if there is much. I’m pretty open.

1. I sometimes wish I’d pursued singing after high school. Loved it in high school, but was way focused on the academics in college and didn’t do too much of the arts. I think I’m ok, maybe even pretty good so I should have stuck with it.

2. I think about not having any other kids. Connor is pretty freakin amazing, and I was a nightmare of a kid, and a teen, and in college, so Karma has got to catch on sooner or later. Also, I cringe at weird looking kids so I’m guaranteed to have a strange one next time. Don’t know if it’s worth the risk. I’m 100% serious even though I sound insane here.

3. I think that one of katy’s business ideas should be renting baby crap. In saying baby crap, I should be much more specific here. I’m referring to all the stuff you buy for your child as an infant and then stop using within months. Baby swing, glider, pack and plays, walkers, activity centers, big stroller, infant carseat (up to 20lb one), etc. because once your baby is over these items you have a decision to make—a. do I sell the stuff and get it out of my house? Well if I do that I’ll have to buy all new stuff next time around. Or b. do I keep it and magically have the places to store it in my too small house. Yeah, katy get on it. Maybe it can be consignment or some kind of timeshare thing where a few families share the items, because I can tell you that just the above list of things cost us about $650. Hmmmm.

4. I cannot stand my neighbor john. He sneaks into our backyard and turns off our sprinklers because the water wets his wall-guess what dummy your wall gets crazy soaked when it rains so why don’t you calm down. We didn’t catch on that this was happening until all our backyard grass was dead. A-hole. I’m watching you. Ps-he’s 94. seriously, he’s 94 years old. Maybe I’ll just wait it out.

5. I think ettiquite and manners are a lost art. How difficult is it to open a door, stand when you are introduced to someone, or place your napkin on your lap? How about sending an nice, appropriate invitation to something rather than a text message? I just bumped into you-I’m sorry. Please. Thank you. You are welcome. How about rsvping to something you are invited to…am I talking crazy or is anyone with me on these things?

5 comments:

Katy said...

love it! I laughed out loud at the neighbor comment.

Ern said...

OMG, Linds. I think you're my long lost twin. It took everything in me to not LOL while reading your blog at work. I know what you mean about etiquette, and couldn't agree with you more. ...although I know I have a bad track record with you & RSVP'ing. ..but I didn't get my mail from my condo. Lo siento. And the neighbor comment?! Holy crap! "Guess what dummy, your wall gets crazy soaked..." you are too funny. We need to get together for lunch sometime soon.

Ern said...

One more thing.. I know there's a online service that rents out baby toys, but I don't know if they do the same for high chairs, strollers, etc. Look into that, kate.

Katy said...

Yeah, I've already looked into it ALL. I totally ran with it and thought it would be cool to sort of format it like bag borrow or steal. I couldn't find anything like it, then I found a lady who does the same concept, but only with toys, no strollers etc. She was on the Today show, she just started the biz back in oct 2007. They're comparing her business to nexflix for baby toys.

Unknown said...

ha! here i was, thinking i was being clever with the baby item rentals. and yes, erin...we're like long lost twins!!