Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Minimum Wage at work

so, i've often been told (over and over really), that my expectations on those in customer service is far too high. i am sorry, but is it truly too much to ask for the kid who rings me up at target to acknowledge me standing there in line purchasing my random goods?? aparently so. sad, sad.

here is a prime example of what i'm talking about...

my conversation with joann's fabric kid...

fabric guru: Joann's fabric, this is Karl.
me: yes, i'm calling to see if you carry scrapbook paper.
fabric guru: yeah, we've got that
me: great, do you have Christmas styles?
fabric guru: um, sure
me: ok, well i'm going to have to run over there on my lunch so you're sure?
fabric guru: i should really check first
me: great, thank you.
fabric guru: we have stickers for Hanukah
me: super. i'm actually looking for Christmas paper though.
fabric guro: the stickers are on sale though.
me: great, i'll check out the jewish stickers. but I really need Christmas paper.
fabric guro: yeah, we've got that too. I'm sure it's by the stickers
me: ok, because again i'll be using my lunch to go over there...
fabric guro: ok, i'll check

dialtone...super duper.

The End. Well, almost. turns out I just run over on lunch, buy my christmas paper and some other junk. then when i leave, he forgets to put the paper in my bag. i get all the way back to work and realize that this stellar employee gave me everything but the ever-important paper. seriously!?! so i call back and he truly says to me, yeah, i was wondering why you left them here. grr. thank you joann's fabric guy. you topped it off for me.

2 comments:

Katy said...

oh my god! After all that the paper was left at the store!!! If I see JoAnn's fabric on the news because a lady came in shooting, I'll turn a blind eye.

Ern said...

I hate it when that happens! Most of the time, I feel like I can only depend on myself for making sure all of my purchases make it into my bag.