Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Crockpot Tuesday

Today I decided to assemble all kinds of randomness that was about to expire and make a meal from it. I recommend this. We always buy junk when it's on sale really cheap and then find it in the back of our pantry 8 months after it expired. hate that. So, here's a hodgepodge of a recipe that turned out pretty great.

Chicken/Pasta Goodness
2-3 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
box of pasta roni and everything it calls for including:
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup milk
1 Tbsp butter
s&p to taste

Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Dump Chicken into pot and then pour dry pasta over top. Mix all other ingredients together and pour over chicken and pasta. Heat for 6 hours.

This was good, but there were a couple things I'd change. The pasta got a bit goopy so I think instead of cream of chicken (or cream of whatever) I think I'll do something like chicken broth or even chicken noodle soup next time--keeping the flavor but losing the dumpling-like consistency. It was also a bit bland. I think next time I'll add some additional spices like 1/2 a packet of italian seasonings or onion soup mix. I used fetuccini alfredo pasta roni and really liked it.

No comments: