Friday, September 23, 2011

Have you seen me?



why do i continue to hold onto this earring for 4 months after i lost its friend (see how i said friend here? because mate is a creepy word...like lover. or panties)? i just keep holding out hope that one of my children will wander out of his room carrying the missing one and all will be right again. Or that I'll retrieve my car from the car wash to see it sitting on my seat after being found under a pile of goldfish crackers. I understand it's unlikely.


i feel like this because i love these simple earrings. AND because i looked for my missing library card for 3 weeks before giving in and getting a new one only to open a book jeff checked out to find it being used as a sort of bookmark. dammit.


so maybe my missing earring will resurface if i pretend to give up and throw this one away. do you hear that missing guy? giving up. throwing your friend away. (pretty please come back to me)

1 comment:

Jill said...

I got a pair of Tiffany earrings from a bf I was dating when I was 21 or 22? I lost one shortly there after. Still have the other. :) It has been 10 years...at least!