Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Stuffed Sweet Peppers

We got a bunch of mini sweet peppers at Costco and I dug around the fridge/pantry finding things to stuff them with. Here's what I came up with.

Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers

2 lbs mini sweet peppers
greek yogurt - i only had the single serving ones so I used three of those
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp seasoned salt
2 c shredded cheese
crumbled bacon - full disclosure I used bacos


Preheat to 350* and spray a muffin pan with cooking spray. Cut off the tops/stems of peppers and clean out the ribs and seeds inside. Combine yogurt, garlic powder, seasoned salt, cheese and bacon. I heated them in the microwave for 30 seconds so they'd mix well. Put that mixture into a ziplock baggie and cut off a corner so you can squeeze it into each of the peppers like frosting. Put the stuffed peppers into the muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes.


These are super yummy.  I made the boys PB&J because our bread is about to expire and we need to get through it...and i'm lazy.  Jeff worked late tonight and I didn't feel like making something for dinner for myself. I ate like 7 of these.

When did this turn into a food blog? it's not, I swear. 4 days out of 7 we eat bagel dogs (omg seriously amazing), nuggets and other frozen delicacies. At least once a week (read, twice) we drive through our dinner. BUT...once a week I actually remember to thaw a protein of some sort and I cook. I cook a LOT of that one thing so we can eat it for several meals too.

If you try these peppers, let me know what you think!

No comments: