Friday, September 26, 2008

Don't let this one get away

So I’ve never been shy about my pet peeves of elevator behavior before, but today was an all time low. Usually when I get to the office the elevators are pretty vacant. I mean, it’s 6:45ish so the building is pretty empty still. So, I get in and there is a guy who jumps in right before the doors close. He’s on his crackberry bluetooth and smiles at me. no big so far. I hear him say “yeah, I just don’t think I’m ready for the kind of relationship you are looking for” and “well, i just feel that tying myself down to one person right now would be unrealistic” then “I think I just really need to focus on getting that promotion next year”. I’m thinking omfg. This guy is seriously breaking up with someone on the phone…in an elevator…with an audience. Wow. At this point, he smiles at me, rolls his eyes and makes that mocking talking thing with his hand like he’s trying to say this girl won’t stop talking. it was at that moment that i grabbed my own phone and texted jeffrey that i love him:)

2 comments:

Katy said...

There are so many things wrong with this picture. 1)audience, 2)elevator 3)crackberry 4)6:45AM! I think I'm most concerned that he broke up with someone at 6:45 in the morning.

Unknown said...

absolutely. i imagined that she was still at his house and he was like, oh and can you be sure to lock the door on your way out. keeper.