Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Crockpot Tuesday

Ok, I already have Nearly Wordless Wednesday and Friday's Dose of Brilliance...so this week i'm starting Crockpot Tuesday.

I've recently started a love affair with my crockpot. I just love it. Dump a bunch of stuff in and when we get home it smells lover-ly in the house and dinner is ready. The thing I don't love about crockpot recipes is that there are always like 15 ingredients. That kinda defeats the purpose for me. I wanted a few cookbooks for easy crockpot recipes that only use like 3-5 ingredients. Jackpot---on Christmas mom & dad came through for me, with this book and this one too. I'm loving it.

ugh, this post makes me sound so wifey. I'm really not like that, I just like the idea of that:)

so anyway, here is the first Crockpot Tuesday post...


Italian Chicken and Veggies

3 chicken breasts, halved
3/4 c. italian dressing
bag of frozen veggies, partially thawed
Place chicken breasts in crockpot. pour dressing over chicken and close up shop. Heat on HI for 3-4 hours, LOW for 5-7 hoursWhen there are about 1.5 hours left, add veggies and stir. The longer you wait to add the veggies, the crisper they will be. You can also add salt, pepper, oregano, and other italian spices you have around.
So, overall it was great. Chicken was really tender and had great flavor. Next time, I'll put the veggies in later so they don't get quite so soggy. Yum-we'll def have this again.

No comments: