Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The economy is a &%$@#

It's been a rough week so far.

My company let 550 people go yesterday. I'm safe at this point, but there is no way they are done with the layoffs. It sucks that it's happening during the holidays, but there was zero way to avoid it. We were one of the last big banks to layoff so I guess they did all they could to circumvent this. It's really scary right now, and I'm trying to stay optimistic while still being realistic about the situation. I unfortunately think it may be time to start actively looking elsewhere and that makes me sad. I like the company and i'm so NOT a job-hopper. ugh...i dread this process! wish me luck!

2 comments:

Katy said...

I wish you lots and lots of luck. I feel your pain.

witticism here said...

Total bummer. I'm sorry!