Friday, February 4, 2011

Crockpot Friday

whoa blogger, it's been a while since i've posted a crockpot recipe on here. i'm home today with bear...another post for this part...so I figured I'd have the luxury of being able to start it mid-day instead of 6:30 in the morning. What, you aren't ready to eat dinner at 3pm? oh. my bad.

We buy basics like cream of whatever soup, frozen veggies, stuffing, etc when they are on sale. Jeff came home from the store this week with something loco like 8 boxes of stuffing. I saw a recipe long ago with stuffing and pork chops in the crock pot so I went in search of that. Couldn't find it so I am doing what I normally do and screwing around thinking I'm betty flippin crocker. I make no guarantees that this will turn out well, but I'm sure it will at the very least be edible. Pretty sure.

I didn't have pork chops. Didn't have any more chicken breasts. I dug around in our deep freeze and found only steaks, roasts and ribs. Then I remembered that we bought a bag of frozen chicken strips at costco this weekend and grabbed those. Here's what came of it:

Chicken strips - mine were frozen
1 can cream of something soup - mine was chicken
1 cup milk
a few slices of cheese - swiss here yo
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 box stuffing
1 cup chicken broth - I didn't have this so I used plain water and seasoned the chicken a bit more
s&p to taste

Cover the bottom of crockpot with chicken strips. Pour broth/water over chicken and then cover with the cheese slices. Mix up the milk and soup and pour over cheese. Dump the stuffing in there now and pour melted butter over stuffing. This is a crapshoot so use more or less depending on how it looks to you. Cook for 5 hours.


i love cheese


This turned out really yummy. I think that next time I'll add more water/broth so it's not so glue-like and gloppy. Tasted great, just looked gloppy.

1 comment:

Katy said...

That dish would KILL me. Cream soup, cheese, butter, milk. Death, pure death. I'm sure it tasted good though.