Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Another Shameless plug...

I seem to be on a book reading binge lately. Now, I'm aware that binge has a pretty nasty undertone (binge drinking, binge eating…) but in this case I mean that books seem to be taking over my life! I find myself constantly talking about books. Books I’ve read, books recommended to me, books I didn’t love…So, in keeping with my recent obsession, here is a soon to be released (9/9/08) book by one of my sorority sisters. If you’re a reader like I am, please check it out. It’s her first novel and I’m hooked after just reading this synopsis from her site. Hopefully she won't mind me stealing it to plug her book!!

SYNOPSIS - Emma seems to have it all-a fabulous apartment in Boston’s trendiest neighborhood, a glamorous job as an entertainment writer, and a closet that could have even Sarah Jessica Parker second guessing herself. So what’s the problem? For starters, she hates her job. Sure it’s a paycheck, but she wants to write about things that matter, not about whether velour jump suits will make a comeback next season. (FYI they’re so over!) Then there’s the leggy bombshell that not only steals her promotion but turns out to be her new boss. But a meaningless job and a nasty boss are the least of Emma’s worries. In the midst of playing matchmaker to all her friends, Emma meets her match. when he rescues her from a most tragic shopping accident. Tall, dark and handsome the man is close to perfect. His only flaw being that he belongs to someone else—her boss! Or is that her only problem? With a few more surprises, a love triangle, and a shocking political scandal, Emma learns that it’s okay to dream, but maybe reality isn’t so bad.


If, like me, you love the easy to read chick lit books, please check it out and let me know what you think!!

4 comments:

Katy said...

Is this the Kim that I know from Yoga Pura and our old mutual friend?

Unknown said...

Nope, not her…different Kim!

witticism here said...

About Twilight. I know what you mean about not wanting to start. I tried to not start it on Sunday, but couldn't resist.

And the movie...the trick is to go to the first morning showing. Tweens (shudder, I hate that word, too) aren't up that early (I hope). It's how I saw the HP movies and Dark Knight without beating people down. I really have a thing against moviegoers. It takes a lot to get me in a theatre!

Ern said...

Wow! How exciting! I think it's really cool to know someone who's actually published!

My aunt has written so many books, and it was fun finding one of her books at Barnes & Noble... but she writes erotica.. different kind of "chick lit"...hahaha. And I haven't read one of her books yet. Maybe you could suggest her "Tall, Dark Cowboy" at your next book club meeting..??? Jk!