Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Halfway to my weekend...

Not too much new stuff going on in the Barnes household. Right after we got back from Colorado, Connor had his first day of school as a (sniff, sniff) toddler and this is really the best photo we could get of him.


Please note the flip flops. I die a little every time I see them they are so damn cute. The big goal of the toddler room is to get them on a crazy, strict schedule. Even a pro-schedule mom like myself laughed in their face when they told me that not only would he be moving toward one nap a day, but that he’d be sleeping on a mat. Yes, a mat. Not a caged crib. Good luck to you my friends. Since my kiddo isn’t exactly the sit still kinda guy I gave them a high five and told them to have a back up plan. I guess it went pretty well though. Turns out if you run him ragged and don’t let him sleep until noon, he takes a fairly long nap mid day and sleeps wherever he falls-may as well be on his very own mat. Lesson learned.


We're still considering making a move. We love our house, but we've just totally outgrown it. We're really struggling making a firm decision because we want to stay close to Connor's school, but it's hard to find a big house with a yard for less than 400k in that area. There are great houses in Gilbert, and we love the areas but it's just too far and we'd be going out of our way to drop off/pick up. decisions, decisions!


um, what else? i just stepped up at Alumnae Relations Advisor for the active chapter of the Chi O house at ASU. I'm pretty excited and have lots of ideas. I'm looking forward to rush later this month and really getting settled into this new advisor role. I think it's going to be a lot of work, but i'm up for it.


Well, this Wednesday wasn't exactly wordless, but here are the photos anyway:




1 comment:

Katy said...

I loved the way you described your interaction between you and the teachers at school. Made me laugh. "good luck to you my friends, have a backup plan." You crack me up