Monday, September 28, 2009

Crock Pot Tuesday


i see recipes that call for brown sugar all the time and always want to try one out but I don't seem to have all ingredients on hand so I've skipped some. This recipe has 3 very random ingredients - things I wouldn't ever really put together typically. But I did. And it came out great.

Sweet & Spicy Pork Chops

2-3 bone in pork chops - though boneless would be fine too
1 cup italian dressing
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
s&p to taste

Combine dressing, brown sugar and mustard in bowl and mix well. Lightly season chops with salt and pepper and then place in crock pot. Pour liquid mixture over and cook on hi for 2 hours. **I decided to marinate the chops for a bit so I poured my mixture in a bag and let the chops soak for about 5 hours. Overnight would be fine too.

we had our chops with green beans and some bread - so easy.

That's really it. Simple. The chops were really great. I've never been a big pork chop fan, so you've got to dress them up a lot for me to like them. I'll certainly have them again. The recipe I found called for 4 hours but after 2.5 they were looking a bit parched. I pulled the plug and they were great at that point...even though we ate dinner at ten minutes to five (blah). Next time I'll do it for two hours and just let it stay warm for a while until we're ready.

Bonus - Connor even ate some. Miracle.

No comments: