Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Crockpot Tuesday



Ham & Cheese Casserole
1 lb of cooked ham, cubed
1 can of cream of whatever soup-i used mushroom
2 cups of shredded cheese
1 can of green beans
1 pint of sour cream
12-16 oz cooked pasta
super simple ingredients - all of which we had on hand. that's a deal breaker with me
Spray bottom of crockpot. Dump a third of the ham, cheese and pasta in bottom. Next layer green beans over that. Spread another layer of ham, cheese and pasta. Continue layering until ham, cheese and pasta are all in crockpot. Combine the soup and sourcream until smooth. Pour this over last. Heat on Hi for 2 hours.

Because this is such a quick cook, I came straight home from work and started this rather than cook it while I'm gone for the day. Since I'd be rushing to get it going after work, I did lots of prep work the night before. After I cooked the pasta, I cut up the ham and combined them. That made the layering process lots easier. I combined the soup and sour cream ahead of time too. This was a really simple recipe and it was really good. I think next time I'll vary the type of soup I use...maybe go for cream of asparagus, broccoli or celery since those are my favs. I'll also add seasoning like minced garlic or something to it for more flavor. It was nice and simple as is though and great to mix it up with the ham.

No comments: