Monday, September 21, 2009

Crockpot Tuesday



Italian Chicken

2 large chicken breasts
one 28 oz can/jar of pasta sauce
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning (or whatever-see below)
1/4 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp black pepper

Spray slow cooker and place chicken in pot. Combine all other ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook for 6 hours.

This was really good. The chicken ended up really tender. I didn't have any of the Italian salad dressing packets left so I used an onion soup mix packet for the Tablespoon of seasoning. Italian seasonings are really made up of equal parts of oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, sage and savory. Do you have savory in your spice rack? I don't. You can really dump anything in there, so no worries.

We had it with a box of rice a roni and some yummy carrots. It was a pretty great meal all around. Connor on the other hand had a hotdog, pineapple and a couple slices of cheese. Super.

1 comment:

Karen said...

LOL My kids do that to me too sometimes. "Um, mom I want something else to eat." Sorry, this isn't a restaurant. LOL Gotta love em.