Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Crockpot Tuesday

I completely spaced out on uploading the pics of this delish meal so I have none :( boo me. I'll do it when I get home and get them up here though.

I'm craving meat. All kinds...beef, pork, etc. We had some ribs in the freezer and I decided we'd try those out and see if they calmed the craving. Yums.

Sweet & Spicy Ribs

2 lbs ribs-ours were bone-in
1/2 cup coke-we used caffeine free diet coke because it's what we had
your favorite bbq sauce-we used devils spit from famous daves-it's no joke spicy!

Dump ribs in crockpot and season with salt and pepper. Spoon coke over top of seasoned ribs being careful not to splash the seasoning off. Cook for 6 hours. After 6 hours, pour liquid off and dump lots and lots of bbq sauce over ribs. Mix it around to be sure they are coated so they don't dry out. Heat for one more hour and you're done.

We served this with green beans and some mashed potatoes. The ribs were Amazing. So tender and delicious. I had them again for lunch the next day and they were really just as good as the night before. We'll def make this recipe again so let me know if you ever see ribs on sale!! :)

No comments: