Wednesday, March 18, 2009

random thoughts...

i always have a few things that I really WANT to do...now getting these projects, crafts, tasks done is a totally differnet thing...

so i figured i may hold myself a bit more accountable if i write them here and can check them off.

1. I saw this adorable wreath on We Are That Family and it seems like a fairly simple project that will pretty up my front door a bit. A cheap wreath, some almonds and a ribbon? done. Maybe I'll somehow incorporate our last name into it too--though i'm not sure how. We'll see. Just something I'm thinking about. and i have a Michael's gift card around somewhere so win-win.

2. I need to come up with a favor for Connor's 2nd birthday party coming up next month. Last year I did cute baseball cookies. I really wanted to put connor's monogram on them, but Katy convinced me that would be like martha on crack so i resisted. This year's theme is Mickey so maybe something along those lines. there will be 20-25 kiddos there so nothing too pricey. any ideas?

3. i have several pairs of shoes that are reaching that point. the point where they are just a bit past their prime and begging to be retired. I think some shoe shopping is about to become necessary. I for sure need some cute low heels for my pants that are already tailored for 2 inch heels. Before Connor, I wore 3-4” heels all the time. When I was pregnant I tried keeping it up for a while, but I was so pukey and sick that I quit and wore ballet flats for the rest of my pregnancy mostly. Then once he arrived, I had a tough time going back. It’s like my body rejected heels from that point on. So I mostly wear flats or something with a heel of 2” or less. I’d love to get back to heels…I think it will just require some training! :)

3 comments:

Katy said...

ha ha, martha on crack. Yes, it would have been. I think once you stop wearing heals you feet really do reject them. I wore heals all the time at Southern and now if I wear them out I'm misrable. It's like, how did I do this every day.

witticism here said...

The exact thing happened with heels when I was with child. I tried so hard to wear my spiked heels, but I think it made me look ridiculous and that I was potentially endangering the life of my unborn child. My solution is kitten heels.

Jill said...

May I recommend an edible treat again this year? Little kids just want to eat stuff anyway...