Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Week 22 Update

The worst is behind me! The puking and constant nausea is almost completely gone. It's such a difference and so nice to actually be able to enjoy pregnancy for the most part. I went from getting sick between 10-12 times per day to really only getting sick 2 times a day on a bad day. I've had a few days where I didn't puke at all. Progress my friends, progress! Such a horrible thing to say, but i'm worried that now that i'm not constantly puking, i'm going to get Huge.

It's been strange not having to be at the doctor's office as often, so I have that feeling that I've missed an appointment even though I haven't. I find myself checking the calendar multiple times throughout the day--this can also be blamed on pregnancy brain which I swear is a real thing. Unfortunately, as moms know, it doesn't go away after delivery...it just becomes baby brain. super.

Well, since i'm officially 22 weeks along today Noah is the size of a spaghetti squash. I have no idea how big a spaghetti squash is, but I'm told it's about 11" long. His little tooth buds are formed and his eyes are too--the irises won't have color for a bit still but it's crazy to think that this little guy already looks like a very small baby at this point. He's about a pound now and will really start growing more rapidly now.

We've been spending time getting both Connor and Noah's rooms ready to go, although we still have about 4 months until delivery day. I want Connor totally settled into his new room by the time Noah arrives...anything we can do to cut down on the initial jealousy is great as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to get Connor's room a bit farther in the process and get some pics posted. It's literally a playroom with a bed in it. It's a disaster, but we'll make sure it's clean enough for a few quick photos. Noah's room still has some of Connor's toys and clothes in it but otherwise it just needs some organization. My amazing friend Patricia is going to make him some super cute owls for his room so we're going to go and pick out fabric this week for those. I love this, but just can't pay $70 for a stuffed animal that will surely be covered in pee and vommit on a weekly basis.

Connor seems to be really excited about Noah and tells anyone who asks that his little brother's name is going to be Nono. Clearly, we have an annoying nickname forming here already. stellar. He also calls him Baby Madison sometime, as that's his youngest cousin's name so all babies right now are Baby Madisons. He's really great around babies right now which is nice and surprising all at the same time.

That's pretty much it for us right now. Thanks for checking in and I'm going to try to get Nearly Wordless Wednesday posts back up and running so fingers crossed for a post tomorrow!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Khloe calls all babies including baby dolls Emma. My niece's name is Emma so now that's who they all are. My nephew on the other hand understands the new baby needs his/her own name and is torn between Enterprise and Airplane. When asked what if your baby cousin is a girl his response is to put a y at the end of both.