Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Getting out of the house!

We've been getting out of the house this week and last which has been amazing--Connor and I both have a tendency to go completely stir crazy if kept inside for more than half a day or so.

Last week we met up with some friends at bounce jungle for a couple hours and then headed to lunch so the kids could continue to play. This was my first outing by myself with two kiddos and it went really well. It was also the first time I nursed in public, but I'll probably talk more about that later. The friends we got to meet up with are Samantha and Aidan and I'm so glad we're able to spend some time together this summer since Connor won't be at school with them in the fall. Hopefully we'll be fortunate enough to make more great friends at the boys' new school when they start in August. Today we met up with them at the library for storytime and I'm sure we'll fit in several other playdates before I go back to work. I took a ton of pics this day we went to bounce jungle and these were the only okay ones.

connor and aidan at the very top of this huge, huge slide

not surprisingly, connor found a bouncer that had basketball hoops and spent the majority of the two hours we were there shooting baskets--in his polo. i don't know why i picked this out for him to wear. didn't even occur to me until now.

Aidan, Connor and Samantha


Jeffrey and I noticed that Connor's behavior has changed a bit which is probably due to Noah's arrival. I also think it's just pent up energy that isn't getting expelled since he's accostomed to being at school surrounded by kids and activity and he's currently been stuck at home with mom who is still recovering and not much fun. when he's out and about or at a playdate at somenoe elses house, he's perfect. We decided that for his sake, and for our own, we needed to make sure we got him out of the house and did some things just the three of us.
He loves Toy Story 1 and 2 so a few months ago we decided that Toy Story 2 would be his first movie theater experience. He's been looking forward to it and was talking about it so much...large part due to the crazy, intense marketing for this freakin movie. my god. i can't remember the last movie that had so much hype. seriously.

So, this past weekend Grammy Barnes came over to watch Noah and the three of us headed to the movies! Connor did amazing. We limited his fluids that morning so that we wouldn't have to sneak out for him to pee 4x during the movie. Well planned...never left the theater once! He watched the movie the entire time and we made it through the whole thing...which i've been told is a miracle for this age. I have no idea, but I'm glad. :) The movie was great, but just as an FYI to parents out there...there were actually a few scary, dark, kinda intense parts. Oh, and I cried. A lot. Whatev.

the sun was super bright, but i refused to leave before at least trying to take a pic of him standing by the movie poster! he's holding up his woody and buzz guys :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

Emma went through the same behavior change when Josh came along. She was great as long as we weren't home and it wasn't just Eric and I around. I really think she was just trying to figure out her place in our family since her life was disrupted by a new baby. We kept ourselves busy too, it seemed to do the trick and in time we all figured it out around the house.