Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Soccer Game Numero Dos

five goals!!

Last week Connor scored three goals, all in the wrong goal. This week we pointed out "our goal" as soon as we arrived to the field and Connor seemed really excited to kick the ball into "our goal" this time. The prep time must have worked because he scored FIVE goals this week. I really don't know the name of the other team so we'll say they were the navy blue team.
I'm stoked that he'd doing so flippin amazing but can't help wondering...are we all honestly going to be disappointed when he stops scoring all the goals? Will someone else's kid have a turn at kicking the ball in? I know these are selfish, petty things to think about but what can I say here?? Anyway, for now we're just going to relish in the fun of it all and imagine him playing soccer professionally some day...I guess that still really needs to catch on here though right?

sharing a high-five with Gus after one of his goals
the kid in the orange shinguards was huge. and really good. and Connor scored on him. twice. my kid weighs 30lbs.
Connor and Kaci
the traditional parent tunnel at the end of the game

Tonight we had soccer pictures. Two of our 7 players didn't show up for photos so our team picture is itty bitty. Can't wait to see them. Connor was the only one who brought his soccer ball so he had a mini breakdown each time one of the other kids took their picture holding his ball. Don't get me wrong, he insisted that they use it but still...he's three.

I swear, with all the pictures of these kids I really need to find a way for them to earn their stay... :) People ask us all the time about getting them into modeling of some sort but I just don't know who is legit and who is a total scammer. If anyone reading this knows of a local childrens talent company I'd love some info. :) We joke about it all the time but maybe there's something to it. Who knows, if nothing else then it may just be something fun to do. You know, because we have so much free time in our family!

No comments: