Monday, June 29, 2009

Crockpot Tuesday

I did a meatloaf recipe a while ago here. it was good, but could have been better. Last week I shared the breakfast recipe we had for Father's Day morning. Today, here's the new and improved meatloaf recipe from Father's Day dinner.
New & Improved Meatloaf
2lbs ground beef
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup catsup, separated
1-6oz box of chicken stuffing
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tsp garlic, minced or powder
1/2 a packet of Italian seasoning mix-the type you can use to make salad dressing
Mix all ingredients together and form into ball. I think it's best to be sure that it's really well mixed so that it's not too dense. Drop the mixture into the crock pot and pour the remaining 1/4 cup over top of formed meatloaf. Heat on High for 2 hours.
The only thing I added since the last time I did this recipe was the half packet of Italian seasoning...but it really made a big difference. Also, I really like to let the uncooked mixture sit in the fridge for a couple hours-or overnight even. The flavors really mix great that way! I also really love that it only takes 2 hours to cook. I think that's the best part of all. Anyway, adding the additional seasoning really added so much flavor so this is how I'll do it from now on.
My dad is a great judge of meatloaf and he was loving it! He said that he was going to use this recipe for his meatloaf from now and I think that's a pretty huge compliment. :)
Happy Father's Day Dad & Jeffrey. You guys are so awesome that I spelled it out for you in ketchup. yup, i did that.

No comments: