Monday, April 6, 2009

Crockpt Tuesday

I was never ever a fan of meatloaf. First off why the need to shape food? it's strange. and I just didn't really like the name. These are completely silly reasons, i know...but still they kept me from even trying meatloaf for over two and a half decades which is crazy. So, here's a simple meatloaf recipe that was yummy to boot.




Easy Meatloaf

2lbs ground beef
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup catsup, separated
1-6oz box of chicken stuffing
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tsp garlic, minced or powder

Mix all ingredients together (beef, 1/4 c. catsup, stuffing, eggs, and spices) and form into ball. Really the shape is going to be difficult, so just do whatever. I think it's best to be sure that it's really well mixed so that it's not too dense. Drop the mixture into the crock pot and pour the remaining 1/4 cup over top of formed meatloaf. Heat on High for 2 hours.

I thought this was really yummy. Next time i think i'll add more spice to it. Maybe even one of those dry ingredient onion soup packets. This was good, but a bit more flavor can't hurt. This was good though, and I really recommend it. You can do turkey if you wanted to as well.

Connor even liked it. He rarely eats anything and he had 2 bowls!


(and also as a strange coincidence...the guy meatloaf guest starred on House tonight. crazy)

3 comments:

Lori said...

I have to say I love your "crock-pot Tuesdays." I'm in the land of freakish Southern ladies who have a constant clean house and dinner always ready with no effort. I don't know when my mother-in-law cleans or even has time. It's not in my genetics; I'm from the West where it's a joint effort! Your crock-pot ideas are perfect at helping me at least have dinner ready... Have you ever checked out allrecipes.com they have a whole crock-pot section! Good stuff!

Katy said...

Next time, make meatballs. You can make meatballs in the crockpot, get some fresh french bread, tomato sauce and mozzarella and... meatball sandwiches. Now i'm hungry. If you're a good girl (and you're interested) I can give you my grandma's coveted meatball recipe. You know, straight from Italy. Maybe I should make meatballs. Yum!

Unknown said...

i loooove meatballs in the crock kate. and i'd love grams' meatball recipe :)

thanks lori. i am glad you like the stuff. my priority is to make stuff that has absolutely no preparation at all. stuff i can just dump in the crock and go. :) and yes, i love allrecipes. it's a great site.