Monday, April 27, 2009

Crockpot Tuesday

We've had some frozen pork chops sitting in our freezer for quite some time so I decided to seek out a use for them this week. I've always kinda avoided pork chops because growing up they were always so boring and blah. I decided to take plain bbq pork chops up a notch.


Honey BBQ Pork Chops

4 chops
1 cup bbq sauce
1/4 cup honey

Spray crock wtih cooking spray to minimize scorching. I find bbq sauce tends to scorch and it's just a pain in my A to get it off. Or a pain in Jeffrey's A since he tends to do dishes... Anyway, i digress. Lay the pork chops in the bottom of the slow cooker. Mix bbq sauce and honey together and pour mix over top of chops. Be sure they are covered in the liquid-not submerged, but covered. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Ugh. this didn't turn out great. The pork was too dry and no bueno. It wasn't horrible, but Jeffrey didn't even have seconds so I consider that a fail! :) Next time, I'll seriously cut the cooking time in half. I can check the pork to see if it's done, but there is nothing I can do once it's too done. Also, I couldn't taste the honey at all, so next time I'd double the amount of honey in the recipe. This recipe has potential...it just needs a bit of tweaking.

I forgot to download the pics from my camera, but wanted to get this posted today...so i'll add a pic or two tonight. We had carrots with the pork chops, but next time I'd probably just dump some frozen veggies and rice into the crock in the last hour or so of cooking and be done with it!

**does anyone have a good stuffed pork chop recipe for the crockpot?**

3 comments:

Katy said...

Did you use a honey dipper and a bbq natural bristle brush to lovingly glaze your pork chops with? I love it!

Don't have any PC recipes. Maybe diced apples and stove top with a maple glaze?

Nancy said...

Tell me you know this trick- Throw a dryer sheet into the crock pot and fill it with warm water to soak for a few minutes. Then, either use that one, or a new sheet to scrub the stuck on stuff off. Seems odd, but it works SOOoooo well! Your crock pot will shine like it's brand new! :) N

Unknown said...

yup...i actually posted something about that for friday's dose of brilliance a couple weeks ago. multiple uses for dryer sheets and other household items. works like a charm :)