Monday, December 21, 2009

16 week update

Oops. the 16 week update is a bit behind...considering i'm 17 weeks tomorrow. So...because we'll have a post tomorrow I'll make this one short and sweet.

I have been feeling a wee bit better. I'm still nauseaus all the time, but the big focus here is that I am down to getting sick maybe one or two times a day. I even had a day last week where I didn't get sick at all. That is amazing for me! Otherwise, I'm still pretty exhausted and thankful for Jeffrey every single day. He's always amazing with Connor and stuff around the house, but when I'm pregnant he really, really steps it all up a notch. He's always telling me to sit down, lay down, relax, etc. and I just refuse to argue with his logic! I'm feeling the normal stretching and slight pain down in my belly from things growing and getting in place so that's somewhat familiar. I swear though, when I was pregnant with Connor it all seemed to go so fast...this time, not so much!

My big thing right now is desperately trying to feel the baby move around. I didn't feel Connor until pretty late along, which I was told was largely due to how sick I was. I couldn't differentiate between movements/flutters/kicks and the action going on due to my morning sickness. I just really want to feel all that movement going on now...when you are at this point, it's really the only way you can know that all is well :) Unfortunately, due to the numbness on my tummy from my c-section, I still can't feel too much stuff in that area. Every once in a while I think I feel something, but that could certainly be wishful thinking. what the heck do i know!?

According to my weekly email, this week the baby is the size of an avocado and about 4.5 inches from head to bottom. There's big growth spurt in my future over the next few weeks so baby will be doing lots of growing, which means I will too hopefully! Creepy thing this week...baby's eyes are moving from the side of the head to the correct placement on the front of the face. sweet. Click here if you are at all interested in seeing a pic of what baby most likely looks like now.

BTW-we've started referring to the baby as "she" and "her". we're pretty convinced it's going to be a girl this time around which is thrilling. We'd be crazy excited with a boy too though, so really, whatever!

1 comment:

Katy said...

love the pregnancy babble.