Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010

This year we didn't really make any big Easter plans, which was nice. This spring is so incredibly overbooked so it was nice that we didn't have too much going on...especially on a holiday weekend!

Saturday afternoon my mom came over and we decorated a couple dozen eggs. This was our first year doing real eggs with Connor. His past two Easters, we've hidden plastic eggs that look like sports balls, but this year we decided that he was ready for the real thing. I decided to put his tie dye shirt on just in case the egg coloring got a bit crazy. He really did well though, and got the hang of the egg dipper thing after just a few times when he lightly tossed the egg into the full cup of permanent dye.

Sunday we got up, made a breakfast casserole in the crock pot and headed over to my dad's house. Corliss, Papa VH, and the three of us had breakfast and then started hunting for eggs. The bunny hides the eggs outside and the baskets inside. Connor loved it and found them all really fast. I think I took a picture of him finding each egg. Overkill? Perhaps.

1 comment:

Jill said...

OMG! I took pictures of Cadence finding each egg too. So much so that when she would find one she would turn and look at me, hold out the egg and pose for the pictures. Hilar!