Thursday, July 29, 2010

Two Months Old


Well, we've been a family of four for two months now and it's flown by. Lots of changes this week, namely I'm back at work. I looked forward to this while dreading it at the same time. I went back a few days ago and while I'm feeling way more productive than I have for the past two months I feel like there's a part of me that is missing.

This week, Jeffrey is at home with the boys. Next week they will start their new school, which I hope will go well. It is so tough finding a good place that doesn't cost the same as out of state college tuition. Seriously. This place is right next to my office, literally. It's right next door. That's great, except that it means I now have to do both drop off and pick up duty. Ugh. That's tough stuff, especially with two...especially at the age that mine are.

Some great things about them being next door? I plan on going over every Wednesday and having lunch with Connor. I can't wait to do this. I figure I have a very small window of time where he's going to still be so excited to see me and I'm going to soak it up. The day will come soon enough where my eldest won't hold my hand or kiss me in front of his friends, so I'll take all the sloppy kisses I can right now :) and they are really sloppy people. So, besides my standing Wednesday lunch date, I'm also planning on visiting with Noah every day. I'm going to go over mid-day everyday and bring him back to my office so I can nurse him once a day. I can do it there at the school if I wanted to, but this way I can get some work done at the same time. If that doesn't epitomize a working mom I don't know what would!! Yesterday Noah was at the school for a trial day and my system worked out great. It was a good way to break up the day and I was able to get work done while we visited :)

Since nursing is new for me I'm just going day to day. I enjoy it, although it hurts sometimes...on the left anyway. I know some people set goals for themselves like nursing for 6 months, 9 months, a year or whatever but I'm really not doing that. It's working for us now, so I'm doing it. If a month from now it's just too much work pumping 3 times a day while at work, then I'll stop. No pressure here. Pumping is a pain in the ass and I only lasted 3-4 months with Connor so we'll see. Noah's classroom includes formula in their fees so we're already saving lots and lots of money there, which I'm all for.

During their time off together, my three boys haven't really done a hell of a lot. :) Jeff and I are so different in that way so it's great for our family...good balance. I have to constantly have something planned so when I was off it was full of bounceU, storytimes, swimming, visiting grandparents at work, playdates, library visits, crafts at home and even errands. Jeff and the boys watch tv, play wii and nap. I think he's the smart one here! Yesterday while Noah was at school Jeff & Connor did go to see Toy Story 3 again and Connor loved it just as much as the first time around, though this time he was more freaked out by the creeper monkey.
The top of this post has Noah's 2 month pic with his owl friend, along with the newborn and one month pics. Can't believe how big he's getting. We have his two month appt tomorrow afternoon so I'll be sure to post his stats after. He was 9lbs, 11oz at one month so my guess is 11lbs, 3oz but I don't know anything. What I do know, is that he'll be getting 4 shots at this appointment so that's miserable. Poor baby. Anyone else have any bets on weight? :)

I still need to name the boys' owls. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Karen said...

The first names for the owls that popped into my head were Hootie and Blowfish. LOL Wow, I must be tired. :)