Monday, January 12, 2009

Crockpot Tuesday

This week, we did a pork chop recipe. I’ve never been a really big pork chop fan, but I’m starting to understand the appeal. You can pretty much put any marinade or sauce with pork chops and you have a pretty good meal. Here's our meal from last night on our fancy china chinette.

BBQ Pork Chops

4 Pork Chops, about 1” thick
½ c. bbq sauce
1-8oz can tomato sauce

Put pork chops in crock pot. Add the bbq sauce and tomato sauce to the pot. Cook on LOW 8-10 hours and you’re all set. You can certainly add oregano, s&p, etc to it if you wish.

My review: ok, so I didn't have tomato sauce, so i added 1/2 c. of water for moisture (i hate the word moist btw). When I got home the house smelled like burning bbq-not great. I grabbed the pork out of the crockpot, shredded it and added more bbq sauce to try and salvage it. It worked and we just decided to have pulled pork sandwiches...but then I realized we had no buns and the bread was expired. so...i decided to just have the actual meat, kinda strange but hey it worked. It was pretty good, though next time i'll be sure to buy tomato sauce. Also, the mashed potatoes we buy at costco that heat up in 5 minutes were still frozen when we got home so this entire meal could have used a do-over!!

2 comments:

Katy said...

I'll have to give you a crockpot cake recipe I have. It's sooooo good.

Jill said...

Love your dishes, we have the same set!