Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Crockpot Tuesday

So i'm trying another round of pork chops...wish me luck:) This time and this time weren't the greatest.


Creamy Porkchops

3 porkchops
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp minced garlic
1 can cream of whatever soup you have on hand
1 cup water
1 tsp dry onion soup mix
any other spices are fine too
1 cucumber, sliced

Pork chops go bland so easy so I just decided to try anything this time around. Slice up the cucumber and cover the bottom of the crockpot with the slices. Season the pork chops with additional s&p and put in pot. I combined the rest of the ingredients overnight so i could just dump them in the next day. I used cream of celery soup because I had it on hand and I like the flavor. Since pork chops always tend to go dry for me I decided on adding a cup of water-so just monitor it and consider adding more if needed throughout cooking. Cook on low 6 hours or hi for 3ish. This time around I want to 'under' do it and check them to avoid them overcooking.

This turned our really yummy. The flavor of the soup and spices really made this great. I think next time i'd add more veggies, maybe some squash or carrots or even potatoes. I just had some tomatoes and a salad. We'll def do this recipe again.

1 comment:

Carly said...

Hmmm...looks yummy. And those tomatoes look amazing! Think I'll try this one...got some pork chops in the freezer!