Friday, August 13, 2010

keep your eyes on the road

Things with the boys are constantly happening that I immediately think are hilarious and want to blog about so that I remember them forever. Unfortunately, those things tend to happen while I’m driving, or while we’re grocery shopping or sometime that I can’t easily stop what I’m doing and immortalize the story. Then, by the time I am at a computer I have completely forgotten about the whole damn thing. I’m going to try and be better about that. Maybe I can keep a ‘dream journal’ type notebook in my bag for just such occasions :) But...probably not.

Yesterday, when I was driving the boys home from school I didn’t realize how quiet Connor was. It was nice actually since I tear out of a crazy day at work to get them, deal with the chaos of a million 3 year olds swarming around me showing me their art project, offering up their plastic hamburger to me or telling me that they have a dog named Sam…all to get in the car and head home. That’s supposed to be time to decompress, right? Well, yesterday he was oddly quiet in the car. I didn’t even notice until he speaks up halfway home saying, “do we go left or right now mama?”. I looked in the mirror and see him with his hands at 10 and 2 (well done driver) pretending to drive the car along with me. So cute. The rest of the way home we talked about which way we were going to turn and I even took the long way home so we’d have more twists and turns to handle.

When we got home I realized where his sudden interest in driving came from…


We broke into an impromptu art project and made him his own little steering wheel for the car! He loves it.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Cute!!

Quiet in the back seat usually means trouble in my car...

Katy said...

that's so cute.