Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Week 26 Update


We're nearing the finish line folks. 93 days until Noah's scheduled arrival. I feel like he's going to come early though I have zero reason to feel like that so I'm sure he'll arrive at his scheduled time and date!

Noah should be about 14 inches long right now which really feels impossible...plus he's supposed to be about 1 2/3 pounds now and putting on more and more baby fat so he looks more like a normal baby and less like a skeleton. He's about the length of a hothouse cucumber-so random but there you go. This news of course has me thinking that cucumber sandwiches and cucumber water sounds lovely. His ears and eyes are really developing more this week so he's much more aware of what's going on around him...not that there's really anything to keep an eye on in there. Here's the funny news...his testacles are dropping sometime this week. Hooray for descended testicles. I guess the process of dropping takes about 2-3 days so good to know.

As for me, I'm working on trying to stay calm and relaxed. I've had a couple, well let's call them episodes, in the past couple weeks where I could seriously feel my blood pressure going up. Nothing too dramatic, but enough to get me pretty upset...stuff with the kitties, my alumnae group leadership role, being completely and totally swamped at work with no help, finding new child care and the crazy expenses that go along with that and just other randomness that's going on. I'll survive, but I've just got to breathe and call the eff down. :) Today I entered a request to be released from jury duty. I have my gestational diabetes tolerence screening the day the trial I was assigned to starts and with all my issues I've had this time around I really want to stay on schedule with my OB appointments. I'm supposed to report to the courthouse on Tuesday the first and I'll find out this friday...the 26th after 5pm if my request was granted. Fingers crossed!
I made my hospital bag list yesterday. I know it's crazy early, but I like planning and I'm also a big fan of lists. I don't want to go into labor and realize too late that my cell phone is dead and I have no charger. Since I'll be having a c-section, I'll be there for several days so I want to be sure we're all set. So dumb, but I'm really excited about the cute bag I'll be taking along to hold all of my unnecessary extremely important items. It's a super cute black and white damask bag with my embroidered monogram. love. does my Carly know me well or what!?!
That's really it for now. Remember, fingers crossed that I'm let out of jury duty!!

1 comment:

The Neerings Family said...

You better take good care of yourself and that baby! Every thing else can wait (except Connor and Jeffrey, but they can help you). I have had way too many friends have very early babies in the past couple months due to HELLP Syndrome...so don't make that blood pressure climb!