Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hooter Wish List

In between items on my to-do list today I did a bit of online window shopping.  If you've read this blog at all, met me even once or had any interraction at all you know I love owls.  LOVE them hard.

Owls are the mascot of my sorority and when I was in college, owls were quite scarce.  We only had access to old owls from parents and grandparents.  And not in a fun, vintage type of way. More of a dusty, 70s macrame way. My mom had this looker she offered up.

I declined. obviously.
A few years ago, owls got trendy. Super trendy. I started buying them up like a crazy, living in fear that they would soon saturate and die out.  Several years later, they are still all over the place and I'm still buying them up constantly.  Thanks to two kids in daycare, I have to control my owl spending but lucky for me I have owl spies all over the place who text/email/call anytime they see cute owls. I love it. I hear from friends that everytime they see an owl, they think of me. That makes me feel warm & fuzzy.

I have owl candles, stationary, slippers, figurines (some cute, some not), about 25 items of owl jewelry, coffee mugs, picture frames and so many others. My MIL, Diane, bought me one of my absolute favorite owl items for Christmas this past year. Or maybe it was my birthday. Doesn't matter. She was having dinner at a restaurant they frequent pretty often and a large owl in the decor caught her eye. Like I mentioned, my spies are well trained to spot owls. I pay well. That's a lie. She asked the restaurant if she could purchase the owl and they agreed!! I'm the lucky recipient!

Meet Pinot the Owl. He holds wine corks in his belly.
He's about 15 inches tall and sits in our kitchen.
Vintage Pearl came out with this beaut this Spring and I quickly
suggested that Jeffrey make it a Mother's Day gift for me. He had
XO engraved on the back and it even has a pearl. Perfect.
One of my favorite owl sites is The Southern Owl and right now I'm crushing on several items.  I suspect that the smartie behind the Southern Owl is a Chi Omega since they specialize in owls and skulls.  Owls are crazy popular, but skulls...and together?  I'm 90% positive.  I'm 100% positive that I adore this site though.  Their items are adorable and their prices are super affordable.  Always having sales too.  This beauty is on my wish list.


Metal Owl Bracelet - $14.95 - comes in silver & gold. i'd like both please
Mr. Wild Owl Stool
Owl plates by MarlaDawn - there are mugs too.
My kids will be doing cute owl valentines this year. Sorry Avengers, etc.
My friend Marni has this adorable gem. Color me jealous, Kate Spade
Owl Water Bottle - this would likely get me to the gym
owl keds. amaze.
Pretentious owls say "whom" shirt. love it.

I'm considering buying a little Christmas tree just for my owls. On a scale of 1 to crazytown i'm thinking that comes in around a 12 so i'm comfortable with that. Always been an overachiever. I have about 10-15 owl ornaments but there are always new, cuter ones available and I really like contributing to the economy. I was going to put together a collage of ornaments, but the wonders at My Owl Barn already did it so why even try.

My Owl Barn - I have the pretty white one second from the bottom on the left
 
When Connor was born there were a few owl items around but when Bear was born it was everywhere!! Sadly, most of the cute things were girly and pink. Great for me, not for him. Or Jeffrey. They both have adorable owl pillows courtesy of my talented, crafty friend Patricia.  They can both spot an owl from 50 yards. Noah could say owl before most other words and they both LOVE Chi Omega. To reward them for this devotion, I think they need the following:


this owl ABC print in a bright red frame would be amazing.
Snowboarding Owl Shirt
boy owl bedding?!? wtf. why wasn't this around when they were too young to insist on superhero decor?!

Disclaimer: This wish list is not at all inclusive.  I will likely continue to edit and add as needed.  I really hope owls continue to be trendy forever.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

I cannot describe to you the amount of weirdo owl stuff I have received... from co-workers, friends, and family. Maybe I should copy your blog post and leave this list around? Thanks for the wish list inspiration!

Lindsay Barnes, Realtor said...

aimee i'd rather you post pics of weirdo stuff you've been given!!