Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sangria slurping

booze and kindergarten. that's what i blog about apparently.
 
a group of my friends used to get together and play bunco every month. it was a fun game but mostly an excuse to get together and catch up over drinks.  i've been making a pretty basic sangria for several years and it's always a hit. anytime i bring it somewhere or serve it at our house i give out the recipe a few times during the event. I've had a couple friends ask for this recipe in the last month so I figured I'd post it here for the tens of readers. Also, a special "hey there" to the random spammer who keeps telling me about wrinkle cream in my comments.  Recommendation noted.
 
photo stolen from google
1 lemon
1 lime
1 orange
1 1/2 cups rum (i use spiced but any is fine)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 bottle dry red wine (i use the cheapest red i can find)
1 cup orange juice
I slice up the fruit and let it sit in the rum, sugar and OJ overnight.   Right before serving, pour in chilled red wine and smoosh up all the fruit to mix flavors.   This is the basic recipe but trust me...however much you think you need...double it.   You can use any fruit but pears and apples really soak up the rum so maybe stick with citrus or berries.
 
Happy drinking.

No comments: