Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dirt Devils

We officially have a team name for Connor's tball team. The Dirt Devils. It wasn't my pick, but it's cute and depending on what our colors end up being maybe some of my ASU shirts will work.

Totally forgot to mention something incredibly worth mentioning. All parents had to sign a code of conduct contract at the first practice - not for the kids, though they had one too - but for the parents. Smart thinking. I know my household tends to have a temper and this is probably a nice little reminder to check yourself. I wish I'd written down some of the statements but some were things like "I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child to win" and "I will not coach my child or another child during a game unless I'm one of the official coaches" and "I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss, or confront coaches at the game field, and will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place." I'm not saying this will be an issue...I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised.

We missed practice on Tuesday due to the torrential storms here in AZ (love...) so we're holding a practice on Saturday to make up for it. OMG. It was so gorgeous yesterday at practice...last week was sweaty and last night was just gorgeous, high 80s I think.

The kids are having fun for sure and there are a few who have played on teams before. This league is age 3-4 so there are kids who played last year for sure and maybe even in younger leagues. Some of the kids are almost 5 which is a huge difference from 3! Our first game is a week from tomorrow and I'm so excited - we don't get the schedule until just 4 days before the game which does not excite me. It kills me honestly, but whatev. I really want to get Connor's uniform shirt too so that I can start trying to shrink it :)

Here are a few more pics from the last week of practices:


Aidan waiting for the ball
Noah peacefully watching his big brother. He just loves to watch him :)

We have a rule that if it's not a good day at school, he can't go to practice. Since often our parenting skills lack and we give in we had to put a new deal in place. Last Thursday wasn't a great day at school, but my parents and Carly, Bobby & Brielle were coming to practice so we told him he had to sit out the first 5 minutes of practice. This is Connor patiently sitting next to his kitchen timer waiting to get in the game! hilar.

patiently waiting...

love how serious he looks


No comments: