Tuesday, October 12, 2010

This just happened


I've been waiting for the day to arrive when Connor finally repeated something bad that Jeff or I said. That day is here...kinda. I think he's easing us into it though, which if true, I appreciate.

Today on the way to school Connor's cup fell out of the cupholder and he shouted "darn!" with all the force he has. Yes, I know darn isn't like dropping the f-bomb or anything but still...he's three and that means it's only a matter of time. I'm sure he picked this up from us, as much as I'd love to blame it on school or Papa Van Hook and his sailor mouth :) Jeff or I will slip occasionally and the other parent will quickly correct with a less offensive word. This isn't the first time he's uttered things we've said in haste. One I find particularly hilarious is when he's playing a game or tball or something and he shouts out "Are you kidding me!?" totally in context. It's good stuff.

We aren't big cursers by any means, but yes, it happens. I think I'll try to get it all out of my system when the boys aren't around me so that I'm not accidentally dropping the occasional bad word around their copycat selves. That being said, I'm going to end this post and go get some effin coffee. Mommy's tired.

2 comments:

Jeni Lyn said...

wow. Now I feel really bad about my parenting skills. Olivia (will be 3 in December) regularly says "what the frick!" and "what the heck" and "what the crap"

Carly said...

I'm sure Auntie Carly doesn't help ;) I will try my hardest...